Hakeem J. Webb, MSFS, CTP
Hakeem J. Webb is an American fintech entrepreneur and business trailblazer with almost three decades of financial services experience. He is the Founder & CEO of NCFA, Inc., a leading minority-owned and operated national independent full-service fee-only investment advisory firm that serves a global client base of diverse investors. Along with the only full-service fee-only digital gateway platform called Cyborg-Advisors, which aims to "Democratize Wall Street". He is a Certified Treasury Professional and his expertise includes working with institutions, fund managers, hedge fund managers, endowments, asset managers, small businesses, non-profits, and hospitals. He also works with healthcare professionals, faculty & staff members of universities, and school districts. He calls this later employee group of forgotten investors ("The Mass Affluent".)
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
2011 - Present - National Christian Financial Advisors, Inc. (NCFA)Branch Manager, CFD Investments & Creative Financial Design, Waterbury, CT
- Responsible and accountable for building productive relationships with existing defined contribution (DC) plan participant base and prospective customers.
- Responsible for (DB) and (DC) retirement plan design and solutions
- Assess economic trends
- Assess global equity markets and their trends
- Monitor investments in client portfolios with expertise in the following industry sectors; financial, technology, and health care
- Prepare investment analysis reports for institutions and individual clients
- Recommend investment strategies for clients; retirement plan sponsors, high net worth individuals and small - to - mid size businesses
June 2006 - April 2009 - Retirement plan specialist & Asset managementFinancial Network Investment Corporation/ING, New York, NY & Waterbury, CT
- Supervised and trained several independent financial advisors on branch policies & procedures
- Trained advisors to build and retain relationships with plan sponsors. Specifically defined benefit (DB) & defined contribution (DC) plans. For start-up companies and existing plans with up-to $250 million in assets
- Completed compliance reporting daily for each advisor and prepared for our semi-annual and annual audits
- Managed and processed work flow between advisors and clients
- Developed extensive branch growth strategies for recruiting and acquiring advisors and/or offices
- Active producer - see above duties
February 1998 - May 2006 - Retirement plan specialist & Wealth managementIn 2002 I was promoted to OSJ Branch Manger
- Responsible and accountable for building and retaining productive (DC) plans with small/mid size businesses and supplemental retirement plans in the k-12 & higher education 403(b) market place.
- Was the independent investment advisory representative to ING/USFS top 5 North East retirement plan reps, formerly Aetna representatives. My primary role was to provide holistic advice based guidance. This included access to over 10,000 clients made up of their retirement, non-retirement, brokerage and cash management accounts.
- Conducted company and mutual fund research for recommendation into clients portfolios
- Advised clients on portfolio performance and changes on a quarterly and annual basis
- Conducted regular portfolio reviews for institutions, small-to-mid-sized business and individuals clients
- Designed and implemented asset allocation programs and strategies for all client portfolios
- As Branch Manager I opened two offices, a financial planning office in Danbury, CT and a Wealth Management office on Wall Street, 60 Broadway, NY.
- As Branch Manager I was responsible for and supervised 11 independent advisors
- Business Branch Development - Developed a proprietary 403(b) retirement prospecting and selling system for k-12 school districts, colleges and universities. Resulting in access to 21 school districts, 2 colleges and several non-profit institutions and managing approximately a quarter billion in assets.
He is a lifetime member of Full Gospel Businessmen International; he served on the IBF Standards Committee; former loan committee member of Waterbury Economic Development Corporation; former Economic Development Chair for NAACP State Conference Connecticut.Masters of Science degree in financial services, 2007Designations & Licenses:Certified Treasury Professional (CTP)Certified Funds Specialist® (CFS®)Certified Annuity Specialist® (CAS®)Certified Income Specialist (CIS™)Board Certified Fund Specialist (BCM)Retirement Income Specialist (RIS)Series 6,7,63,65,24PERSONAL